M3 - First Submission



Omniya Tajni
M3: Optimise the content for use in the final animation

Once I believed I have finished my animation & exported it, I decided to show it to some of my peers to gain feedback and see what I can do to improve it before I submit it to the client. I showed it to 3 different individuals and they all had the same feedback which I expected. They said that they liked my animation and how the acts that would be performed will appear from the wand following the theme of magic. However, they had 3 additional things that I could add to make it better, these were:

1. Make sound effects flow
2. Add music to flow throughout the animation
3. When it comes to showing the different acts, although it is obvious what it is, I should name what the acts are, just in case it is confusing for some of the audience, like with the scroll - it doesn't seem like it is showcasing a poet.

I made sure that I took their feedback and when I looked back to re-watch it, I agreed with the feedback they gave because I knew there was something missing so adding these 3 additional things would make it realistic and more enjoyable and understanding to watch.

The sound effects I decided to add was cheering/applaud, I decided to add them once the magician shows each performance, because it adds that effect that if someone was to actually perform, of course, they would get support and applaud when they succeed, so the magician doing magic tricks deserves an applaud and him showing the different insights of the performers also deserves cheering. Once I showed this to the same 3 peers, they enjoyed it and it made them feel like they were apart of the crowd as well and believed that the magician was actually in a theatre because now he has an audience that is cheering him on, but although I added this in my first draft, they felt like just having the sound effects by itself didn't flow well as it kept cutting, so I needed to add music in the background. 

When it came to looking for music, I wanted something that's upbeat but not too extreme, something that can flow throughout the performance and can overlap with the clapping. It took a while to find because I would find either music that was extremely upbeat, scary, or too sad, but eventually I got there and managed to find a suitable magical one that can fit in with the magicians performance. Once I showed this to the same 3 peers, they believed that it fitted in with the atmosphere of the performance and didn't overlap or sound funny with the sound effects of the cheering as it familiarised the fact that they are technically watching a performance.

After I found my sound effects and music to add to my animation, I moved on to the easy bit, which was just adding text after the magician shows the different performers because my 3 peers believed it would be ideal to add it and familiarise themselves with what the different performers are. After I added this and showed it to the same 3 peers, they became comfortable and understood what the different performances is as it gave them to ability to know what it is and understand the animation that I added to represent it.

Adding these 3 things, then made my animation much stronger than it was before and I believe that once I send it to the client I would be successful with it and they would understand the mini narrative that I have created within my animation.

This is the final edited exported version of my animation that can be viewed through a desktop:


This is the final edited exported version of my animation that can be viewed through a mobile app:



(It is blurry for the mobile app as it is uploaded on the settings of a mobile app)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

P3 - Resubmission

P5 + P6 - Resubmission

M2 - Resubmission